Wool: a viable, Earth-friendly alternative to plastic
Shelters and guards made from:
- British wool and
- A biodegradable polyol made from ethically sourced cashew nutshell liquid and castor oil
The wool and polyol are held together by an innovative biodegradable custom polymer.
Because of the materials used, all NexGen shelters are:
- 100% biodegradable
- Ecotoxicity neutral
- pH neutral
Yet their performance is as good as plastic, if not better, as they:
- have been independently tested and proven to last five years (depending on location, tree canopy, soil and microbes)
- are cost-effective as you don’t need to collect, clean or recycle them
- create a nourishing micro-environment
- let in the right level and spectrum of light to promote healthy plants and support strong growth
- protect young plants from grazing animals and harmful herbicide and pesticide sprays
- support mosses and lichens that attach themselves to the shelters to help create and sustain rich biodiversity
NexGen tree shelters. Good for the environment. Good for you.
NexGen wool shelters give you a positive news story to share. They can also help you meet your own carbon and sustainability targets. All of this means, when you use NexGen shelters, you can be confident you’re protecting your young trees, your organisation and the environment.
AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER FOR 2023/24 PLANTING SEASON